POLY-SET HD in Houston, TX
If you’re still using concrete for setting your road signs and other in-ground structures, let Utility Structural Systems show you how POLY-SET® HD can save you time and money. Located in Houston, TX, our POLY-SET® HD is lightweight and easy to transport--no mixing trucks needed. One person can mix and pour the POLY-SET HD into the void. In minutes, POLY-SET HD rises to 8.5 times its original volume and creates a permanent backfill, allowing the linemen to set many posts in one day.
POLY-SET® HD is a uniquely engineered high-density polyurethane backfill that was originally designed over 30 years ago to help the utility industry solve the problems they faced setting transmission and distribution poles in poor soil conditions. We improved the original POLY-SET formulation and created POLY-SET® HD that was tested by the Texas Transportation Institute (TTI), and approved for use by the Texas Department of Transportation for sign support applications. The timing is right for you to see how POLY-SET® HD can save you both time and money.
How It Works: POLY-SET® HD is a specially modified, high-density, polyurethane product that, when properly prepared, transforms the two-part liquid components into a tightly packed, well-anchored foundation in minutes.
Why It Works: POLY-SET® HD expands up to 8.5 times its original volume and actually contours to the shape of the excavated area, essentially locking itself and the structure in place. The tightly packed molecular structure of POLY-SET® HD increases the bearing surface of the embedded structure by making the post part of the foundation.
Why It Lasts: Unlike alternative backfill materials, POLY-SET® HD is resistant to moisture as a result of its closed cell structure. Compared to conventional approaches, it’s more resistant to heat, cold, and micro bacterial attack. By encapsulating the post, POLY-SET® HD acts as a protective shield against environmental elements.
POLY-SET® HD and other POLY-SET® products are readily available and most orders ship within five business days from receipt of a verified purchase order.
POLY-SET® HD Application Advantages
- Easy to use and sets fast to increase productivity.
- Sets in minutes, allowing a sign crew to set the sign and post all in one trip, which saves time and money
- Eliminates hand mixing sand, gravel, concrete, and water for small signs
- Eliminates cleaning tools
- Eliminates concrete truck delays
- Eliminates the need for a return trip to erect a typical sign
- POLY-SET® HD is packaged in a variety of convenient, lightweight sizes designed specifically to meet DOT sign support applications
- POLY-SET® HD is a patented high density, water-insensitive, polyurethane backfill that improves reliability of small roadside signpost structures while reducing installation time and labor costs
- POLY-SET HD® is suitable for use in all weather conditions, and is exceptional in wet, dry, soils, and rocky soils, as well as poor soil conditions.
- POLY-SET HD® resists the heaving and jacking effects of soil conditions that range from extremely dry to extremely wet.
- Unlike other backfills, signposts set with POLY-SET HD® can be set in 12-16 minutes
- POLY-SET® HD is water insensitive and can be used in adverse soil conditions:
- Wet or dry soil conditions
- Sandy soils
- Rocky conditions